The Oil Region Alliance welcomes and values the help we receive from volunteers. Heritage development involves diverse activities at outdoor and indoor settings, all while helping preserve the past, promoting the present and shaping the future within the Oil Region. You’d be amazed at the various situations where volunteers can be right in the mix of everything from special events to preserving history!
The following are examples of typical volunteer opportunities that arise each year.
Many take place at the Oil Region Alliance office in Oil City, but others are outdoors at events or historic sites; others you can do from home.
If these ideas don’t suit you, we’re happy to hear your ideas for volunteer participation by you individually, your family, your club or your company.
- Gardening at Preservation Properties and Overlooks
- Greeting guests and helping provide hospitality for group tours or special events
- Nominating individuals, companies, groups, properties, etc. for not only awards but also for technical or monetary assistance
- Recruiting guest speakers, educators, other volunteers, and attendees for educational programs and fundraising activities
- Photography and Videography skills – helping document project progress, special events, public programs
- Sales of publications, promotional products, raffle tickets, memberships
- Research on vendors, genealogies, oil history, grant materials, potential funding sources, etc.
- Building preservation, ranging from scraping off old paint to sanding wooden surfaces to installing rehabilitation materials
- Assembling information packets
- Set up and decorating at special events or preservation properties
College students interested in an internship at the Oil Region Alliance can send requests for more information to email@example.com.
Time and Expertise
Volunteer time and expertise are especially valued by the Oil Region Alliance, where unpaid advisors provide significant input into many projects and activities in support of the Oil Region National Heritage Area. You can pitch in for one occasion, or agree to ongoing responsibilities, or anything in between, regardless of your age or area of expertise.
If you want your precious hours of donated services to be put to use in important, relevant endeavors in interesting locations where you interact with pleasant, well-informed associates, then you’re invited to contact the Oil Region Alliance:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 814.677.3152